1. If you were going to open a small business tomorrow, what would it be?
Probably some kind of woodworking shop. My dad is a carpenter and built most of the furniture in our house growing up, so I grew up with that and would enjoy having a shop for side jobs.
2. If you had one trophy on your mantle, what would it be for?
Nobel Peace Prize (in whatever field it falls under) for having raised awareness, on a large scale, about how consumer behavior – how we spend our resources (time, energy, especially money) – impacts the direction and policy of global industry. I want us all to be aware of the fact that every $1 we spend is a vote telling that particular product/industry “Keep doing what you are doing and the way you are doing it.”
3. If you had another degree, what would it be in?
Biology – I think the human body is amazing and I want to take better care of it and the earth. I would love more of a scientific background to better understand more aspects of both.
4. What is your strongest asset?
My muscles…haha, I wish!! Probably my ability to listen and remember conversations, at least I’ve been told.
5. If you had your own mission statement, what would it be?
Be yourself and be godly.
6. If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would you say?
Live in the moment and be willing to pursue more things you are passionate about and potentially make more mistakes :-)
7. If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be?
My grandma on my mom’s side. She passed away when I was in middle school but I would love to have hung out with her as an adult. She was an Italian raised in Brooklyn :-)
8. Who or what is your greatest source of inspiration?
9. How do you stay inspired?
I pray and read the Bible, watch good movies and spend time in the ocean (or lakes, when I am not near the ocean :)
10. What is one thing you can’t live without?
11. What does your ideal retirement look like?
Travel around the US in an RV visiting family and friends and helping with constructive projects.
12. What is one or two of your bucket list items?
Hike into the Grand Canyon and someday fly using a jetpack wing suit (the second one might be a wish list item vs. bucket list item but we’ll see…).
13. What fact about you surprises people the most?
I have broken my neck.
14. What was something that recently moved you?
We recently watched the movie War Room and it was pretty inspiring to be reminded of the power of prayer. I also watched Cowspiracy recently and it made me want to take a good hard look at what and how I consume – we are moving more and more toward a local plant-based diet – who knew?!