1. If you were going to open a small business tomorrow, what would it be?
It would be a hobby shop/bar for tabletop games and Magic. It would be called Twenty Sided Fries.
2. If you had one trophy on your mantle, what would it be for?
It would be my Rock and Roll Hall of Fame trophy. I’m not sure if they actually have trophies for that, but as future King of Rock and Roll, I demand one.
3. If you had another degree, what would it be in?
It would be either a degree in the culinary arts or in music.
4. What is your strongest asset?
The ability to tackle new challenges with great enthusiasm!
5. If you had your own mission statement, what would it be?
Walls are built one brick at a time.
6. If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would you say?
Don’t get discouraged. Mistakes are meant to be made.
7. If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be?
8. Who or what is your greatest source of inspiration?
9. How do you stay inspired?
I keep exposing myself to the arts. I love music, performing arts, and dance. All of them remind me that I can continually push myself out of my boundaries.
10. What is one thing you can’t live without?
A drum kit.
11. What does your ideal retirement look like?
Living in a house with a soundproof basement filled with music instruments and recording gear. I would teach people how to play music as a side job.
12. What is one or two of your bucket list items?
Taking a tour of the best ramen Japan has to offer and going on an international tour with my band.
13. What fact about you surprises people the most?
I know most, if not all, of the lyrics to a great number of 80’s and 90’s soft rock hits.
14. What was something that recently moved you?
The album “Ryuichi Sakamoto Plays the Piano.”