1. If you were going to open a small business tomorrow, what would it be?
I love what I do! If I opened my own business it would be either 1) rehearsal spaces for musicians in a downtown setting, or 2) a surf school for tourists on a tropical beach.
2. If you had one trophy on your mantle, what would it be for?
My trophy would say “World’s Strongest Dad”. My 2 and 4 year old still believe it. If you meet them, don’t ruin this for me!
3. If you had another degree, what would it be in?
Music Theory (I’ve actually earned this degree!)
4. What is your strongest asset?
The collective genius of the team that surrounds me.
5. If you had your own mission statement, what would it be?
‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
6. If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would you say?
Pumpkin pie and french fries for dinner? Seriously?
7. If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be?
8. Who or what is your greatest source of inspiration?
My greatest sources of inspiration are my wife and kids. They provide me with an endless supply of insight, humility, hilarity, and encouragement.
9. How do you stay inspired?
I stay inspired by surrounding myself with a dynamic, challenging, positive, and diverse group of people.
10. What is one thing you can’t live without?
I wouldn’t die without my morning coffee, but it wouldn’t be pretty.
11. What does your ideal retirement look like?
A small house in a beach town; frequent visits from kids and grandkids; serving in the community and church; time and freedom to enjoy and invest in people.
12. What is one or two of your bucket list items?
I’d love to sail around the Mediterranean.
13. What fact about you surprises people the most?
Probably the music theory degree mentioned above.
14. What was something that recently moved you?
An act of generosity from someone of humble means. There’s more than one kind of wealth in life.