1. If you were going to open a small business tomorrow, what would it be?
I would have a small vineyard in Spain, where I would write New York Time’s Best Sellers and make more money than the Queen of England.
2. If you had one trophy on your mantle, what would it be for?
I would take first place for being the most loving. And for being a fearless and crazy creative.
3. If you had another degree, what would it be in?
Astrophysics; and would go into a space piloting program and become the loving dictator of super Earth, HIP 116454b. That’s a thing, you guys.
4. What is your strongest asset?
Vision. I live outside of the box, and on another planet.
5. If you had your own mission statement, what would it be?
I am loving!
6. If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would you say?
Hang in there kid; you have no idea how awesome your life is going to be.
7. If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be?
Earnest Hemingway, somewhere in Africa.
8. Who or what is your greatest source of inspiration?
Other artists, writers, and scientists; irreverent people who think in abstract and creative ways.
9. How do you stay inspired?
I surround myself with incredible people who are mad geniuses!
10. What is one thing you can’t live without?
The ability to continue to evolve as a person, and/or astrophysicist/HIP 116454b loving dictator.
11. What does your ideal retirement look like?
A small vineyard in Spain, where I would write New York Times Best seller and make more money than the Queen of England.
12. What is one or two of your bucket list items?
Get published as a New York Times Best seller, own a vineyard, and see my book(s) made into an HBO series.
13. What fact about you surprises people the most?
People are generally surprised by the fact that I wrote a novel. And that I worked in concrete construction. And was a bouncer in a nightclub. Among other things.
14. What was something that recently moved you?
That bit of news about a team of extreme athletes that were in a race in the Ecuadorian Amazon who found a dirty, stray dog that began following them through the rain forest. “The teammates, who named the pup Arthur, eventually gave the pup a new home and a chance at a better life.”