This policy describes the ways that Ubiquity collects, stores, uses and protects personal information it receives from clients, plan participants, and other persons visiting Ubiquity’s website, including information related to the past use of Ubiquity Retirement + Savings products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
How we use the personal information we collect
At Ubiquity Retirement + Savings, our primary purpose in obtaining personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience when using our services and when viewing our website. We will obtain and the use information to understand how our clients and other persons visiting our site use our services, resources provided on our site, and the resources and information available elsewhere on the internet which have been accessed by visitor to our website. The information will assist us in our desire to continually improve our site, and to make site navigation quicker and more convenient for you. The following are examples of how we use personal information.
- Provide the services and customer support you request;
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- Customize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
- Send you targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
How we collect information about you
When you visit Ubiquity Retirement + Savings website, we may automatically receive and record information from your computer and browser, including your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website, and software and hardware attributes.
We also collect personally identifiable information, when you request informational materials through our online forms that ask for your contact information and company information. We will use your information to provide you with the requested materials, to follow-up with you from time to time via e-mail, mail or telephone, and to provide to you with additional information describing and promoting products and service provided by Ubiquity Retirement + Savings. Each e-mail you receive from Ubiquity Retirement + Savings, as a result of having requesting the informational materials, will contain clear instructions for opting out of future e-mail communications offering products and service provided by Ubiquity Retirement + Savings.
Ubiquity Retirement + Savings may combine information about you that we have obtained with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
If you become a client of Ubiquity Retirement + Savings, we may collect the following types of information from you:
- From companies and employers we may obtain information on both the company and employees: The name of the company, an employer identification number, details about the company’s existing retirement plans, and an e-mail address and other relevant plan information. The names of employees and the social security numbers, annual incomes, addresses, length of service, gender, marital status, dates of hire, dates of birth, e-mail addresses and other relevant plan information.
- From employees and plan participants we may obtain general contact information: Their name, residence and business addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, and other similar information.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- General personal information: Birth date, gender, occupation, industry, and personal interests.
- Financial information: Account balance, compensation information, contribution rates and tax bracket.
We may also collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team, or we may store responses and results when you respond to a survey.
When you access Ubiquity Retirement + Savings website, we, or companies we hire to track how our website is used, may place small data files called “cookies” on your computer. Internet “cookies” are elements of data that a web server gives to your web browser in connection with your visit to a website. We will send cookies to your computer when you log into your account. One of the cookies allows us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we don’t need to ask you for your password on each page. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
Also, our system can automatically gather information about the pages, and areas, you visit on our website. We can also gather information about the hyperlinks you may click on, and other areas of the internet that you may view in connection with Ubiquity Retirement + Savings. We may obtain any or all of the following information during your visits to Ubiquity Retirement + Savings website: the date and time that you have accessed the site; the pages that you have visited on the site and the sequence in which you visit them; the amount of time that you spend on any given page of the site; the Internet address of the websites that you visited immediately before visiting the site; the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the site, if any; the internet address of the website that you visit immediately after leaving the site; and the type of operating system used on your computer; the type of internet browser that you are using to view the site.
We may share aggregated statistical information that has been obtained from cookies with our affiliates, partners, suppliers and other third parties, but we will not share any individual names, personal navigational or other personal information.
You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, and you can also erase cookies already stored on your computer. Blocking or deleting our cookies may, however, interfere with your use of Ubiquity Retirement + Savings website, and some of our online features may not work as intended.
How we protect and store personal information
Ubiquity Retirement + Savings takes every precaution to protect information obtained from clients, plan participants and other persons accessing the website. When users submit sensitive information via the website, information is protected both online and off-line.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the US, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations.
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption. All information collected and available on our site is protected with the best encryption software in the industry. We update and test our technology regularly to maintain and improve the protection of our customers’ information.
Your obligation to protect information
If you maintain an account with Ubiquity Retirement + Savings that you access through our website, you are solely responsible for protecting and maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password. You are solely responsible for restricting access to your computer. You accept all responsibility for any and all activities occurring under your account or password that are due to your conduct, inaction or negligence.
How we share personal information with other parties
Ubiquity Retirement + Savings will not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with non-affiliated people or companies, except under the following circumstances:
- To provide products or services you’ve requested; or
- When we have your authorization; or
- When we provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Ubiquity Retirement + Savings under confidentiality agreements. We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us, such as outside vendors who provide online marketing services, or who assist us in sending communications. We also may share your information with third parties to operate or manage our business. All such third parties are prohibited from using, selling, or renting such information for their own purposes or benefit and are required to protect such information from unauthorized use and disclosure.
- When we respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
Amendments + changes
This website is owned and operated by Decimal, Inc. (dba Ubiquity Retirement + Savings). For site security and management purposes, all transactions with this server are collected for security and statistical purposes. This computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics which are used for determining technical design specifications, traffic load and to identify system performance or problem areas. This system currently utilizes SSL security with 128-bit encryption for all personal data transmitted.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to the Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clients are encouraged to contact our offices and the respective departments to receive more in-depth information regarding the material or a respective subject, discussed herein.