1. If you were going to open a small business tomorrow, what would it be?
Retirement Evangelist. I’d be in business for myself to spread the word on saving. Books, public speaking, etc. The NEW face of retirement!
2. If you had one trophy on your mantle, what would it be for?
Most nerdiest (and proud of it!)
3. If you had another degree, what would it be in?
Law. You have to know the rules to change them.
4. What is your strongest asset?
My voice. I work hard to inspire others to help their future selves.
5. If you had your own mission statement, what would it be?
To infuse my passion into everything I do by balancing work, life, and happiness.
6. If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would you say?
Don’t sweat the small stuff and focus on the bigger picture.
7. If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be?
Dr. Martin Luther King
8. Who or what is your greatest source of inspiration?
My family. Thinking about them keeps me focused as my celebrations and failures are theirs too. They will always be there for me and I them.
9. How do you stay inspired?
I like to really appreciate the quiet moments that recharge my batteries and remind me of the important things in life.
10. What is one thing you can’t live without?
My support system of family and friends.
11. What does your ideal retirement look like?
Running a small, coastal bar somewhere like the Outer Banks or the coast of Greece.
12. What is one or two of your bucket list items?
1.) Travel to Africa. 2.) Meet one of my favorite musicians.
13. What fact about you surprises people the most?
That I’m not ALWAYS ON! It’s all about balance and I love my nights at home.
14. What was something that recently moved you?
After some time off, I was quite proud of the team I work with who stepped up and really shined while I was away. I couldn’t ask for a better group of people to work with!